All about Aluminum
Most Americans drink out of an aluminum can each and every day. The most common drink? Soft drinks and beer.
What most Americans don’t do each day with these cans? Recycle them.
Consider some of these facts:
- While more than 50% of aluminum cans that are produced can be recycled.
- When you recycle an aluminum can, it can be remanufactured and returned to the shelf in as little as 60 days.
- Over 50 percent of the aluminum cans produced are recycled.
- Aluminum cans need to be recycled because aluminum is a durable metal; nearly 70% of every aluminum can produced is still viable and in use.
- It requires 95% less energy to produce a new aluminum can from a recycled one than it does to produce a brand new one.
- There are 170,000,000,000 aluminum cans produced in the United States each year.
- The energy saved by recycling one aluminum can is enough to keep your TV operational for three hours.